Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Yes, it's been a long, long time.

But I'm back for two reasons:

#1: I have finally purchased a DVD Recorder which allows me to take all those months and months of shows I've been saving on my fake-Tivo and record them on to disc and then put them in my computer and magically make MP3s of the tunes. And that my friends, is why I'm here today, to post the first batch of songs. I'm sure these have been on the music blogs before, but they are new to me and I suspect new to a few others as well.

#2: My books, I Wanna Make My Own Clothes and I Wanna Re-Do My Room, are officially out now. In case this is news to you (and it's not if you read my other blog) these books are part of a series I did for Simon & Schuster. They are DIY books for girls that will help them explore lots of craft projects without picking up big machinery or expensive tools or supplies. Good old fashioned fun and a terrific gift for that teen girl in your life (plus, it will keep her out of trouble this summer.) Please, I beg of you, and I hate begging, buy my books.

I Wanna Make My Own Clothes, By Clea Hantman

I Wanna Re-Do My Room, By Clea Hantman

Incidentally, if you yourself have a blog that reaches this audience of their parents and you would like to review my books, drop me a note via email and I can mail you a copy.

Now to the music.

The following music is from Austin City Limits, the television show. Both shows were terrific to watch and certainly there is a something-something missing from the audio that the video provided, namely in the case of the Flaming Lips show, balloons, adults dressed as giant animals, fire, confetti, a nun puppet "singing," fake blood and Steven's father on sax. Regarding the Wilco show you mostly just missed Jeff Tweedy looking a little worse for wear, crumpled and a bit mcgrumpled, plus close-ups of Nels smoking on his guitar. And that's it.

All Live on Austin City Limits

Flaming Lips, "Race for the Prize"
Flaming Lips, "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots"
Flaming Lips with Chan Marshall, "War Pigs"

Wilco, "At Least That's What You Said"
Wilco, "Muzzle of Bees"
Wilco, "Hell is Chrome"
Wilco, "Ashes of American Flag"
Wilco, "I'm a Wheel"

No comments: