Friday, January 27, 2006

Francophenia, Part Deux

I'm continuing on my French journey from yesterday. Sort of. In this vignette, my friends and I are no longer playing poker. We're now dancing and there are lots of feathers flying around for no real reason other than poofy ambience. Hit it! I know little about the Jaclyn track other than she's covering "My Generation" in French and it's from the 60s and it's good. And France Gall's song "Teeny Weeny Boppy" is from the same era, same good times vibe and has a mention of LSD in it, the only words I can really make out. She sang with Serge for a bit, I believe, and won a few singing contests that bombarded her into French super-stardom. Then I threw in a Serge Gainsbourg track from his reggae-remix album, "Mauvaises nouvelles des etoiles". That one makes me giggle.

Jaclyn, "My Generation"
France Gall, "Teeny Weeny Boppy"
Serge Gainsbourg, "Dub Charlotte"

** Today Some Velvet Blog posted a World Party track, who yes, I love, and The Rich Girls Are Weeping has fabulous Feist re-mixes & a whole lot more. Yowsa.

No comments: