Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I Heart Jeff Tweedy

But if you know me, or have read me, you knew that already. About a month ago many of the blogs were showcasing the new Loose Fur tunes. Yikes, I missed 'em. So I found the song "The Ruling Class" yesterday and well, yee-haw. I heard that one when I saw Jeff solo last month. Sooooo good. Cuz he's back jack, smoking crack. Who? Oh. From the upcoming CD Born Again in the USA. Another tune, "Hey Chicken" is floating around too, as is a "video" for it (really just lots of Power Ranger clips). See below.

Loose Fur, "The Ruling Class"
Loose Fur,
"Hey Chicken" (video)

And as a complement to yesterday's indie girl folk Tanya Lee post, I thought I would throw out an ol SF Seals tune with the lovely Barbara Manning. I think it goes along nicely with those.

SF Seals, "Still"

Did anybody hear the Ben Folds tune "Landed" on a Hilton commercial? Hmm. Check out more Loose Fur on Drag City. And of course, you can find Wilco at WilcoWorld.net.

No comments: