Thursday, March 23, 2006

Round 'Em Up!

Since I have been kicked out of the house for a few hours and am writing this from a coffee shop (how 20-something of me) I am just gonna sing the praises of other blogs and tell you where to go for the goods today.

Clever Titles Are So Last Summer has been doing a guilty pleasure thing for the last week. It started as emo-guilty pleasures but has devolved into popland. That means she's showcasing the likes of Kelly Clarkson and Britney Spears. Yippee I say! It's wildly embarrassing to admit, but that's the point of guilty pleasures, isn't it? My guilty pleasure really lies with Rock Star INXS loser Marty Casey's cover of the Britney song. So freaking embarrassing. So freaking guilty. My husband is cringing now. Not a guilty pleasure? Chapin Sisters' cover of "Toxic."

Betty at Best of the Bunch did a fabulously composed post on women musicians covering Nirvana. Wow. That's all I can say on that post. Just, wow. Excellent. And she's also got a handful of free tracks by women. It's all women all the time! Okay maybe not...

Were you once a shoegazer? Me neither. But my aforementioned hubby was. Motel de Moka put up a wealth of shoegazer faves, including Kitchens of Distinction, which is what I thought the name of the place I wanted to buy this giant stainless new stove was called, much to my hubby's amusement, but that place is actually Standards of Excellence. I think Kitchens of Distinction is a better name for the store and Standards of Excellence a great name for the band. But I guess it's too late for that.

Lastly, my other blog, smALL AGES, has the Rutles. You know you want it.

1 comment:

serafinafly said...

awwwwwww...thanks for the mention lil' sis... :)